Wednesday, July 13, 2011

[ Just a Glimpse ]

Well...it looks like I'm a day late on my weekly [Just a Glimpse] posts. My mind just kept drawing a blank as to what I should post. So, I guess I'll just mention a few little interesting things that have been happening around here.

• Our roof is leaking again. Michael went up last week and applied some thick, gooey tar thinking that would stop/slow down the leak. For whatever reason, it didn't work. We got a good dousing rainstorm the other day, and we're back to sking on our hallway floor lake again!!

• And the church roof is leaking too. A few guys from the church are supposed to be working on that roof before the campaña this weekend.

• We caught another mouse today! It seems like we have an endless supply of them...

• We've always known our freezer doesn't always freeze things real solid (like ice cream), but I didn't realize how "well" it worked until I pulled some homemade "frozen" dinner rolls out today and they were a little soft and squished all together! Hmmm...at least ice cubes and meat seem to stay solid! =)

• Bro. Rigo and his wife arrive on Friday, so we've been preparing for house guests and also for the weekend campmeeting.

And because I don't like posting without a picture, here's a little cultural tidbit.

This is how we buy our milk from the store. They don't carry the refrigerated cartons/plastic jugs of milk - it's all shelf stable milk. I usually take a black magic marker and write on the top the date that I opened it so I can judge an expiration date. Of course, they only come in 1 liter cartons, so it doesn't take too long to use up one!

That's it - for now! I hope y'all have a great day!

No comments: