Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July Table Runner

In browsing through some blogs recently and gathering ideas to make our 4th of July special, I came across this nifty, patriotic table runner. I instantly knew I wanted to try something like it. You see, I love all things stars, gingham, rag quilts, and country decor.

Unfortunately, I underestimated the amount of scrap gingham I had laying around. I guess I've gradually used most of my stash for other projects and didn't replenish it before we moved down here. Oh well, after searching, I came up with some suitable plaids - and it works for me!

You definitely spend most of your time cutting and snipping, but overall, the project doesn't take too long! I'm happy with the finished project and can't wait to use it for setting a pretty 4th of July table!



*I'm linking this post to:

4 comments:

Amy @MoMomma said...

What an adorable idea to use up scraps! I have mountains of jeans and I think backing these with jean would be so cute! Come by my Friday Blog Hop and link up!

Kara Plank said...

oh wow! Oh course, I LOVE that! :)

Dorcas said...

That is really cute!!

Barry Mason said...

Thanks for all you do to make special days "Special" for some special guys!