Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Capturing December: Day 18

{ Christmas Stockings }


We actually don't have any stockings hung this year...mainly because I don't have any here in Mexico and also because that's a tradition we usually only do with my side of the family when we're in PA.

But I did make Jacinda a stocking last year for Christmas.  And apparently the only pic I took of it was with my cell phone.




I used fabric from the quilt my mom made for Jacinda (fabric: Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille for Moda) and made the stocking in a chevron style.  I didn't use any pattern per se, but I looked at pictures to get the basic idea of how to construct it, and then I traced around another stocking that I had on hand to get the shape.  I also followed several online tutorials on lining it and for doing the cuff.  Sorry I don't have any other helpful hints to pass along!  =)  I really like how it turned out though!

No comments: