Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Washin' in the Rain

Okay. So what do you do when your washer is outside, your clothesline is outside, you don't own a dryer, and it's pouring down rain outside??? After so many days of not doing wash, hoping that the rain would clear up for a day or two, I knew I needed to do wash and that they would have to come inside. I really didn't want to drill more holes in the wall just to hang an inside line, so I came up with this plan. Thankfully, we have a very large closet in our room, so I ran string through the slats and tied them...and now I have my inside drying rack!!


Now, if I can just figure out what to do about the rain coming through my leaky roof in the living room!! Ha!

8 comments:

Kara Plank said...

What a great picture of missionary living! ;0) Good problem solving!

sankey family said...

I can totally sympathize. Just ask Collette how many times I came running over to her house with wet laundry needing to use the dryer! Thanks, Lety. Love ya.

Eric said...

I know how you feel. when we first moved here there was no place for me to hang up the wash. I would put up lines from room to room praying that no one would visit,and turn the fan on. I'm so glad that the Lord gave us a dryer. The 1st time I pulled clothes out of it i thought to myself "you never realize the blessings that you have until you lose them." I'll be praying that the Lord sends a dryer you way as well.

Anonymous said...

very innovative!! You gotta do what you gotta do, cause after all, you can only turn clothes wrong-side-out so many times! :)

Beth Stetler said...

I hear ya' sister. We've been having sunshiny mornings and rainy afternoons, which has made for some mad dashes to the clothesline, to get clothes off the line, before they get soaked again!

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

I can sympathize. I remember how very frustrating it was to hang your clothes out and then in a half hour it would be pouring and you would have to bring them in! It is so humid here, they would not dry real thoroughly so you would often end up rewashing them. Ugh! Hope you can get a dryer! When someone donated money for our dryer, I think it added 10 years to the end of my life. :-)

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

Hey, I don't know why we're appearing as Doug & amp; Kim Hoffman. I don't know any "amps". :-)

Allana Martian said...

Genius! We put a clothesline outside to save on our electric bill....just in time for rainy season!