Thursday, April 5, 2012

Like a Drowned Rat

Have you ever heard the phrase, "________looks like a drowned rat!?"  Today, we realized exactly what that phrase looks like!

We have been having trouble with some rats in our outdoor storage room/laundry room.  We tried a few homemade traps, but nothing seemed to work.

Last evening I had filled the washer up with water in preparation for doing laundry this morning, and I left the lid open.  Wouldn't you know that when I went out this morning, there is this big 'ole rat hanging on for dear life!



Now the question became, "We've got it trapped, how do we actually kill the thing?!"  After finding an old broom, Michael started trying to push and hold the rat down on the bottom so it would drown.  After several minutes...mission accomplished!!

Next we took it out and prepared it for it's final photo shoot!  =)



How adorable, right?  Ok, so maybe not!!  The rat was probably 8 inches long, with a tail about the same length.

The only bad news?  When I went out this evening, I saw another (live) one!  Let the fun begin!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I think I would die right there on the spot if I saw a rat. I can't handle mice, let alone a rat. You are very brave:)

Anonymous said...

Fuck you.

Anonymous said...

This is one of gods creatures and should be treated as such - not to glorify in its death, but to respect its life. This rats descendants were on the Ark the same as all the other animals. Why couldn't you have released it away from the house and allowed God to choose its destining rather than playing God yourselves?